English verb correct [kəˈrekt].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb correct: Infinitive (correct), Past Simple - (corrected), Past Participle - (corrected).
Forms of verb correct in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb correct in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of correct.
Three forms of verb correct
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of correct?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) correct in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - correct. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - corrected. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - corrected. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of correct?
The past tense of correct is: correct in past simple is corrected. and past participle is corrected.
What is the past tense of correct?
The past tense of correct is corrected.
The past participle of correct is corrected.
Past simple — correct in past simple corrected.
Future simple — correct in future simple correct. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — correct in present perfect tense corrected. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — correct in past perfect tense corrected. (had + V3)
correct regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is correct an irregular verb?? correct is regular verb.
Examples of Verb correct in Sentences
- It was corrected to 2.5 kg/ha. (Past Simple)
- These anomalies have not been corrected for 3 years. (Present Perfect)
- Sorry, I stand corrected. (Present Simple)
- The errors will be corrected in the book's third edition. (Future Simple)
- Correct me if I'm wrong. (Present Simple)
- I hate it when she corrects my pronunciation. (Present Simple)
- 'She's in Britain now.' 'She was,' Lucy corrected him. (Past Simple)
- Let me correct the article. (Present Simple)
- He should correct his taste in people. (Present Simple)
- Why haven't you corrected me? (Present Perfect)