The English verb 'cradle' is pronounced as ['kreɪdl].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb cradle: Infinitive (cradle), Past Simple - (cradled), Past Participle - (cradled).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb cradle
👉 Forms of verb cradle in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of cradle.
Cradle: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb cradle?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'cradle'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'cradle'
- the first form (V1) is 'cradle' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'cradled' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'cradled' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of cradle?
The past tense and past participle of cradle are: cradle in past simple is cradled, and past participle is cradled.
What is the past tense of cradle?
The past tense of the verb "cradle" is "cradled", and the past participle is "cradled".
Past simple — cradle in past simple cradled
Future simple — cradle in future simple is cradle (will + V1).
Present Perfect — cradle in present perfect tense is cradled (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — cradle in past perfect tense is cradled (had + V3).
cradle regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'cradle' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'cradle' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb cradle in Sentences
- This is the voice one would use to cradle a child after a nightmare. (Present Simple)
- The girl immediately came up to her, took her in her arms, and began to cradle her in a very different, affectionate voice. (Past Simple)
- Soft strokes cradle the mind. (Present Simple)
- The older daughter is cradling the baby. (Present Continuous)
- The boy followed her, continuing to gently cradle the firefly in his hand. (Past Simple)
- Some women carefully cradled packages with squeaking babies in them (Past Simple)
- We lie on a spread out cloak, and the starry river carries us away, gently cradling us in its shining waves. (Present Simple)
- The moonlit rocks slept, and the sea cradled them with the sound of the rolling surf. (Past Simple)
- Longshanks continued to howl, cradling his dislocated arm. (Past Simple)
- The old man sat with his back to the table, cradling his burnt palm. (Past Simple)