English verb cradle ['kreɪdl].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb cradle: Infinitive (cradle), Past Simple - (cradled), Past Participle - (cradled).
Forms of verb cradle in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb cradle in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of cradle.
Three forms of verb cradle
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of cradle?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) cradle in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - cradle. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - cradled. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - cradled. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of cradle?
The past tense of cradle is: cradle in past simple is cradled. and past participle is cradled.
What is the past tense of cradle?
The past tense of cradle is cradled.
The past participle of cradle is cradled.
Past simple — cradle in past simple cradled.
Future simple — cradle in future simple cradle. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — cradle in present perfect tense cradled. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — cradle in past perfect tense cradled. (had + V3)
cradle regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is cradle an irregular verb?? cradle is regular verb.
Examples of Verb cradle in Sentences
- This is the voice one would use to cradle a child after a nightmare. (Present Simple)
- The girl immediately came up to her, took her in her arms, and began to cradle her in a very different, affectionate voice. (Past Simple)
- Soft strokes cradle the mind. (Present Simple)
- The older daughter is cradling the baby. (Present Continuous)
- The boy followed her, continuing to gently cradle the firefly in his hand. (Past Simple)
- Some women carefully cradled packages with squeaking babies in them (Past Simple)
- We lie on a spread out cloak, and the starry river carries us away, gently cradling us in its shining waves. (Present Simple)
- The moonlit rocks slept, and the sea cradled them with the sound of the rolling surf. (Past Simple)
- Longshanks continued to howl, cradling his dislocated arm. (Past Simple)
- The old man sat with his back to the table, cradling his burnt palm. (Past Simple)