The English verb 'cut' is pronounced as [kʌt].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb cut: Infinitive (cut), Past Simple - (cut), Past Participle - (cut).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb cut
👉 Forms of verb cut in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of cut.
Cut: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb cut?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'cut'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'cut'
- the first form (V1) is 'cut' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'cut' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'cut' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of cut?
The past tense and past participle of cut are: cut in past simple is cut, and past participle is cut.
What is the past tense of cut?
The past tense of the verb "cut" is "cut", and the past participle is "cut".
Past simple — cut in past simple cut
Future simple — cut in future simple is cut (will + V1).
Present Perfect — cut in present perfect tense is cut (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — cut in past perfect tense is cut (had + V3).
cut regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'cut' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'cut' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb cut in Sentences
- Cut the cake right now, can't wait anymore (Present Simple)
- She offered to cut the ropes (Past Simple)
- Miley has cut the tablecloth (Present Perfect)
- Look at him, he is cutting his leg (Present Continuous)
- Am I cutting the pie right? (Present Continuous)
- I had cut the paper, but didn't say anything (Past Perfect)
- Have you already cut spending? (Present Perfect)
- Are you cutting bread? People are waiting (Present Continuous)
- That will cut five months off their journey. (Future Simple)
- I won't cut these roses, don't ask me (Future Simple)