English verb detect [dɪˈtɛkt].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb detect: Infinitive (detect), Past Simple - (detected), Past Participle - (detected).
Forms of verb detect in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb detect in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of detect.
Three forms of verb detect
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of detect?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) detect in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - detect. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - detected. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - detected. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of detect?
The past tense of detect is: detect in past simple is detected. and past participle is detected.
What is the past tense of detect?
The past tense of detect is detected.
The past participle of detect is detected.
Past simple — detect in past simple detected.
Future simple — detect in future simple detect. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — detect in present perfect tense detected. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — detect in past perfect tense detected. (had + V3)
detect regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is detect an irregular verb?? detect is regular verb.
Examples of Verb detect in Sentences
- Probes could not detect any anomalies. (Past Simple)
- The group detected new data errors. (Past Simple)
- I detected a slight French accent in his speech. (Past Simple)
- I detected excitement in his voice. (Past Simple)
- Stephen detected a note of sarcasm in her voice. (Past Simple)
- He detected a ghost of a smile on her face after doing that. (Past Simple)
- They haven't detected the submarine by using sonar. (Present Perfect)
- I detected a strong taste of pepper in the sauce. (Past Simple)
- Scientists detected high levels of lead in drinking water. (Past Simple)
- These dogs are trained to detect ayn type of drugs. (Present Simple)