English verb die [daɪ].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb die: Infinitive (die), Past Simple - (died), Past Participle - (died).
Forms of verb die in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb die in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of die.
Three forms of verb die
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of die?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) die in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - die. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - died. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - died. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of die?
The past tense of die is: die in past simple is died. and past participle is died.
What is the past tense of die?
The past tense of die is died.
The past participle of die is died.
Past simple — die in past simple died.
Future simple — die in future simple die. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — die in present perfect tense died. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — die in past perfect tense died. (had + V3)
die regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is die an irregular verb?? die is regular verb.
Examples of Verb die in Sentences
- My grandfather died of cancer. (Past Simple)
- We must help her or she will soon die. (Future Simple)
- She has died of poison. (Present Perfect)
- Some women died while giving birth to children. (Past Simple)
- The owner of this house died a long time ago. (Past Simple)
- He died three months after the operation. (Past Simple)
- She died in a car accident. (Past Simple)
- He died in poverty in 1725. (Past Simple)
- The investigation established that he had died a violent death. (Past Perfect)
- It rained less often, and then it died. (Past Simple)