English verb saw [sɔ:].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb saw: Infinitive (saw), Past Simple - (sawed), Past Participle - (sawn).
Forms of verb saw in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb saw in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of saw.
Three forms of verb saw
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of saw?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) saw in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - saw. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - sawed. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - sawn, sawed. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of saw?
The past tense of saw is: saw in past simple is sawed. and past participle is sawn, sawed.
What is the past tense of saw?
The past tense of saw is sawed.
The past participle of saw is sawn or sawed.
Past simple — saw in past simple sawed.
Future simple — saw in future simple saw. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — saw in present perfect tense sawn, sawed. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — saw in past perfect tense sawn, sawed. (had + V3)
saw regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is saw an irregular verb?? saw is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb saw in Sentences
- I want your to saw the old tree (Present Simple)
- That hunter almost sawed him in half (Past Simple)
- The tree has been sawn in half last month (Past Simple)
- My uncle saws for a living (Present Simple)
- I was so mad at her that I sawed her favoruite tree (Past Simple)
- Every year people saw pine trees and bring them home (Present Simple)
- Right now I'm busy sawing wood for my grandpa (Present Simple)
- Yesterday I saw the biggest tree I had ever seen (Past Simple)
- The sign says not to cut and to not saw trees (Present Simple)
- I can't saw if I can't keep my eyes open (Present Simple)