The English verb 'divide' is pronounced as [dɪˈvaɪd].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb divide: Infinitive (divide), Past Simple - (divided), Past Participle - (divided).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb divide
👉 Forms of verb divide in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of divide.
Divide: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb divide?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'divide'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'divide'
- the first form (V1) is 'divide' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'divided' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'divided' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of divide?
The past tense and past participle of divide are: divide in past simple is divided, and past participle is divided.
What is the past tense of divide?
The past tense of the verb "divide" is "divided", and the past participle is "divided".
Past simple — divide in past simple divided
Future simple — divide in future simple is divide (will + V1).
Present Perfect — divide in present perfect tense is divided (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — divide in past perfect tense is divided (had + V3).
divide regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'divide' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'divide' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb divide in Sentences
- They have so many differences that divide them. (Present Simple)
- Our camp was divided into 24 parts. (Past Simple)
- The group has divided into two main parts. (Present Perfect)
- Mother divided the pie into eight pieces for all of the guests. (Past Simple)
- Paul divided his salary between his children. (Past Simple)
- What's 72 divided by 9? (Present Simple)
- Do you want to build a fence to divide the flower garden from the vegetable garde? (Present Simple)
- She divides her time between work and faamily. (Present Simple)
- Why did cells begin to divide out of control? (Past Simple)
- We reached the spot at which our ways divided, but didn't want to separate. (Past Simple)