The English verb 'rescue' is pronounced as [ˈreskjuː].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb rescue: Infinitive (rescue), Past Simple - (rescued), Past Participle - (rescued).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb rescue
👉 Forms of verb rescue in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of rescue.
Rescue: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb rescue?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'rescue'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'rescue'
- the first form (V1) is 'rescue' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'rescued' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'rescued' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of rescue?
The past tense and past participle of rescue are: rescue in past simple is rescued, and past participle is rescued.
What is the past tense of rescue?
The past tense of the verb "rescue" is "rescued", and the past participle is "rescued".
Past simple — rescue in past simple rescued
Future simple — rescue in future simple is rescue (will + V1).
Present Perfect — rescue in present perfect tense is rescued (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — rescue in past perfect tense is rescued (had + V3).
rescue regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'rescue' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'rescue' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb rescue in Sentences
- He was rescued from the fire (Past Simple)
- We'd been rescued by the red team (Past Perfect)
- He rescued her from poverty (Past Simple)
- Our president rescued our economy from downfall (Past Simple)
- In order to rescue him, we need to coordinate our actions (Present Simple)
- His knowledge rescued him from making this mistake (Past Simple)
- She has rescued me from trouble. (Present Perfect)
- Survivors of the crash were rescued by helicopter (Past Simple)
- Jack was rescued from despair at the last minute. (Past Simple)
- Our records were rescued from the fire. (Past Simple)