The English verb 'down' is pronounced as [daʊn].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb down: Infinitive (down), Past Simple - (downed), Past Participle - (downed).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb down
👉 Forms of verb down in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of down.
Down: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb down?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'down'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'down'
- the first form (V1) is 'down' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'downed' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'downed' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of down?
The past tense and past participle of down are: down in past simple is downed, and past participle is downed.
What is the past tense of down?
The past tense of the verb "down" is "downed", and the past participle is "downed".
Past simple — down in past simple downed
Future simple — down in future simple is down (will + V1).
Present Perfect — down in present perfect tense is downed (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — down in past perfect tense is downed (had + V3).
down regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'down' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'down' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb down in Sentences
- They sent him to down the plane (Past Simple)
- She downed two Tequila bottles (Past Simple)
- Our vessel has downed near the island (Present Perfect)
- She downed her cocktail in one gulp. (Past Simple)
- He told me that the horse has downed him twice. (Past Perfect)
- An armed suspect was downed by a police officer. (Past Simple)
- The disaster has downed power lines throughout the city. (Present Perfect)
- Perhaps I added a powerful sleeping pill to the milk you just downed. (Past Simple)
- I went to the bar and downed 4 glasses of whiskey and sodas. (Past Simple)
- I would now down a whole decanter in one gulp. (Present Simple)