The English verb 'dub' is pronounced as [dʌb].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb dub: Infinitive (dub), Past Simple - (dubbed), Past Participle - (dubbed).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb dub
👉 Forms of verb dub in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of dub.
Dub: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb dub?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'dub'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'dub'
- the first form (V1) is 'dub' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'dubbed' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'dubbed' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of dub?
The past tense and past participle of dub are: dub in past simple is dubbed, and past participle is dubbed.
What is the past tense of dub?
The past tense of the verb "dub" is "dubbed", and the past participle is "dubbed".
Past simple — dub in past simple dubbed
Future simple — dub in future simple is dub (will + V1).
Present Perfect — dub in present perfect tense is dubbed (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — dub in past perfect tense is dubbed (had + V3).
dub regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'dub' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'dub' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb dub in Sentences
- I want to dub in Monday. (Present Simple)
- They dubbed him a sand devil. (Past Simple)
- The films are not plot-related and have been dubbed the trilogy by international critics due to their thematic similarities. (Present Perfect)
- The text of this speech has not survived, although Pushkin later dubbed it "immortal." (Past Simple)
- The Los Angeles Times dubbed the controversy surrounding the rerun of the episode "Closetgate." (Past Simple)
- Thanks to this new craft, the region began to flourish, and porcelain began to be dubbed "white gold". (Past Simple)
- We need to dub the film in 3 days. (Present Simple)
- Local Aboriginals dub the lake Barany. (Present Simple)
- This new band was dubbed Coheed and Cambria. (Past Simple)
- New York magazine dubbed him "The Unknown King of Comedy". (Past Simple)