The English verb 'turn out' is pronounced as [ˈtɝn ˈaʊt].
Related to: phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb turn out: Infinitive (turn out), Past Simple - (turned out), Past Participle - (turned out).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb turn out
👉 Forms of verb turn out in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of turn out.
Turn out: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|turn out [ˈtɝn ˈaʊt]||
turned out [ˈtɝnd ˈaʊt]
turned out [ˈtɝnd ˈaʊt]
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb turn out?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'turn out'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'turn out'
- the first form (V1) is 'turn out' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'turned out' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'turned out' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of turn out?
The past tense and past participle of turn out are: turn out in past simple is turned out, and past participle is turned out.
What is the past tense of turn out?
The past tense of the verb "turn out" is "turned out", and the past participle is "turned out".
Past simple — turn out in past simple turned out
Future simple — turn out in future simple is turn out (will + V1).
Present Perfect — turn out in present perfect tense is turned out (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — turn out in past perfect tense is turned out (had + V3).
turn out regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'turn out' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'turn out' is .
Examples of Verb turn out in Sentences
- As it turned out, it didn't matter (Past Simple)
- More to yourself perhaps, as it turned out, than to anyone else (Past Simple)
- Everything will turn out right (Future Simple)
- It turned out I was the first man she'd ever been in love with (Past Simple)
- The other man in my life turned out pretty well (Past Simple)
- He turned out to be unsatisfactory (Past Simple)
- I'm not going to take this thing seriously unless it turns out that I really have to (Present Simple)
- I swear, I didn't know it was going to turn out like this (Past Simple)
- It turns out that his grandma is actually half‐Italian (Present Simple)
- The party turned out to be awesome (Past Simple)
- My new neighbor turned out to be a brilliant musician (Past Simple)
- I’m sure it will all turn out well in the end (Future Simple)
- Of course I’m disappointed at the way things have turned out (Present Perfect)
- How did the game turn out? (Past Simple)
- The dream turned out to be a complete nightmare (Past Simple)
- Audi turned out more than 1.8 million cars in 2019 (Past Simple)
- The company designs and turns out industrial-grade 3D printers (Present Simple)
- We got back to our room and turned out the lights (Past Simple)
- Only 56% of the electorate turned out to vote (Past Simple)
- We had more participants turn out for the debates this year than ever before (Past Simple)
- They deserve being turned out of the school
- If you can't pay on time, they turn you out
- I think my boss wants to turn me out because I know too much (Present Simple)
- The guard made them turn out their pockets (Past Simple)
- I used to turn out at dawn
- How you manage to turn out the kids before school every morning? (Present Simple)
- She always managed to look smart and well turned out (Past Simple)
- I would love to turn out the Christmas tree with you