English verb eat [i:t].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb eat: Infinitive (eat), Past Simple - (ate), Past Participle - (eaten).
Forms of verb eat in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb eat in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of eat.
Three forms of verb eat
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of eat?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) eat in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - eat. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - ate. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - eaten. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of eat?
The past tense of eat is: eat in past simple is ate. and past participle is eaten.
What is the past tense of eat?
The past tense of eat is ate.
The past participle of eat is eaten.
Past simple — eat in past simple ate.
Future simple — eat in future simple eat. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — eat in present perfect tense eaten. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — eat in past perfect tense eaten. (had + V3)
eat regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is eat an irregular verb?? eat is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb eat in Sentences
- Does Bill eat fish? (Present Simple)
- We ate a big pig at the lunch (Past Simple)
- Long vacation has eaten into all our savings (Present Perfect)
- Please, stop saying that! Don't you see I'm eating? (Present Continuous)
- No, I'm not eating, I'm all ears (Present Continuous)
- We never eat together at work, don't have enough time (Present Simple)
- I've never eaten mango, can you believe that? (Present Perfect)
- He's never eaten strawberry ice cream, let's buy it for him (Present Perfect)
- I won't eat alone, I will wait for you (Future Simple)
- He will be eating at 6 p.m., better call me a little later (Future Continuous)