The English verb 'engineer' is pronounced as [ˌendʒɪˈnɪr].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb engineer: Infinitive (engineer), Past Simple - (engineered), Past Participle - (engineered).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb engineer
👉 Forms of verb engineer in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of engineer.
Engineer: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb engineer?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'engineer'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'engineer'
- the first form (V1) is 'engineer' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'engineered' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'engineered' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of engineer?
The past tense and past participle of engineer are: engineer in past simple is engineered, and past participle is engineered.
What is the past tense of engineer?
The past tense of the verb "engineer" is "engineered", and the past participle is "engineered".
Past simple — engineer in past simple engineered
Future simple — engineer in future simple is engineer (will + V1).
Present Perfect — engineer in present perfect tense is engineered (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — engineer in past perfect tense is engineered (had + V3).
engineer regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'engineer' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'engineer' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb engineer in Sentences
- It would be difficult to engineer in a competitive environment (Present Simple)
- Hugh engineered his own water supply project (Past Simple)
- She must have engineered a virus for the protection system (Present Perfect)
- He engineered the whole project. (Past Simple)
- We need to engineer this from the scratch (Present Simple)
- The manifold is engineered for efficient flow. (Present Simple)
- The original designs were engineered for use in schools. (Past Simple)
- The rebels engineered a successful attack (Past Simple)
- The president engineered an agreement to hold a championship in our country. (Past Simple)
- Powerful coalition engineered his downfall (Past Simple)