The English verb 'equip' is pronounced as [ɪˈkwɪp].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb equip: Infinitive (equip), Past Simple - (equipped), Past Participle - (equipped).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb equip
👉 Forms of verb equip in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of equip.
Equip: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb equip?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'equip'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'equip'
- the first form (V1) is 'equip' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'equipped' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'equipped' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of equip?
The past tense and past participle of equip are: equip in past simple is equipped, and past participle is equipped.
What is the past tense of equip?
The past tense of the verb "equip" is "equipped", and the past participle is "equipped".
Past simple — equip in past simple equipped
Future simple — equip in future simple is equip (will + V1).
Present Perfect — equip in present perfect tense is equipped (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — equip in past perfect tense is equipped (had + V3).
equip regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'equip' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'equip' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb equip in Sentences
- For 2 years he was able to equip his fairly large army (Past Simple)
- New crews were equipped with no more than half (Past Simple)
- Do you think that this hotel room is equipped for cooking? (Present Simple)
- All rooms will be equipped with video cameras. (Future Simple)
- Do you know what does it cost to equip a young man for the navy? (Present Simple)
- We must equip young teachers to work with difficult children. (Present Simple)
- He equipped himself with the scuba gear. (Past Simple)
- She was never equipped to be an actress. (Past Simple)
- He is well-equipped to deal with crashes. (Present Simple)
- They spent a lot of money equipping the school with new desks. (Past Simple)