The English verb 'exist' is pronounced as [ɪɡˈzɪst].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb exist: Infinitive (exist), Past Simple - (existed), Past Participle - (existed).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb exist
👉 Forms of verb exist in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of exist.
Exist: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb exist?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'exist'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'exist'
- the first form (V1) is 'exist' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'existed' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'existed' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of exist?
The past tense and past participle of exist are: exist in past simple is existed, and past participle is existed.
What is the past tense of exist?
The past tense of the verb "exist" is "existed", and the past participle is "existed".
Past simple — exist in past simple existed
Future simple — exist in future simple is exist (will + V1).
Present Perfect — exist in present perfect tense is existed (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — exist in past perfect tense is existed (had + V3).
exist regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'exist' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'exist' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb exist in Sentences
- They cannot exist without hydrogen (Present Simple)
- These kind of ideas clearly existed in his mind (Past Simple)
- Strange, but interesting ideas existed in his mind. (Past Simple)
- A ruling class clearly exists on the modern world. (Present Simple)
- The hostages existed only on water. (Past Simple)
- Hostile feelings existed between the neighbours. (Past Simple)
- The game has existed for more than 300 years. (Present Perfect)
- Do you believe that life exist on Mars? (Present Simple)
- Has Pegas ever existed? (Present Perfect)
- When I was little the Internet didn't exist. (Past Simple)