The English verb 'fight' is pronounced as [faɪt].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb fight: Infinitive (fight), Past Simple - (fought), Past Participle - (fought).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb fight
👉 Forms of verb fight in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of fight.
Fight: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb fight?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'fight'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'fight'
- the first form (V1) is 'fight' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'fought' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'fought' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of fight?
The past tense and past participle of fight are: fight in past simple is fought, and past participle is fought.
What is the past tense of fight?
The past tense of the verb "fight" is "fought", and the past participle is "fought".
Past simple — fight in past simple fought
Future simple — fight in future simple is fight (will + V1).
Present Perfect — fight in present perfect tense is fought (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — fight in past perfect tense is fought (had + V3).
fight regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'fight' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'fight' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb fight in Sentences
- They were born to fight (Past Simple)
- He fought to outrun her shame (Past Simple)
- If Henry had fought back, you wouldn't be hurt (Past Perfect)
- I fought hard to become what I am (Past Simple)
- Now they all fight for me (Present Simple)
- Your friends will fight for you (Future Simple)
- The fight against terrorism is the fight for democracy (Present Simple)
- She will fight in shogun's name (Future Simple)
- We must fight to keep our freedom (Present Simple)
- We fought this war for years (Past Simple)