English verb finish [ˈfɪnɪʃ].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb finish: Infinitive (finish), Past Simple - (finished), Past Participle - (finished).
Forms of verb finish in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb finish in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of finish.
Three forms of verb finish
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of finish?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) finish in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - finish. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - finished. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - finished. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of finish?
The past tense of finish is: finish in past simple is finished. and past participle is finished.
What is the past tense of finish?
The past tense of finish is finished.
The past participle of finish is finished.
Past simple — finish in past simple finished.
Future simple — finish in future simple finish. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — finish in present perfect tense finished. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — finish in past perfect tense finished. (had + V3)
finish regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is finish an irregular verb?? finish is regular verb.
Examples of Verb finish in Sentences
- Did you finish our homework? (Past Simple)
- They won't finish till next month (Future Simple)
- He finished the tables (Past Simple)
- Lucas always finishes first (Present Simple)
- They will finish making dinner and we will gather together (Present Simple)
- We are finishing the project, don't disturb us for a while (Present Continuous)
- They will not finish on time, don't count on them (Future Simple)
- If you started this fight, you have to finish it (Present Simple)
- The band finished the concert with my favourite song (Past Simple)
- We will finish the meeting at noon (Future Simple)