English verb quit [kwɪt].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb quit: Infinitive (quit), Past Simple - (quit), Past Participle - (quit).
Forms of verb quit in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb quit in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of quit.
Three forms of verb quit
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of quit?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) quit in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - quit. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - quit, quitted. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - quit, quitted. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of quit?
The past tense of quit is: quit in past simple is quit, quitted. and past participle is quit, quitted.
What is the past tense of quit?
The past tense of quit is quit or
The past participle of quit is quit or quitted.
Past simple — quit in past simple quit,
Future simple — quit in future simple quit. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — quit in present perfect tense quit, quitted. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — quit in past perfect tense quit, quitted. (had + V3)
quit regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is quit an irregular verb?? quit is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb quit in Sentences
- Daisy, you can't quit Mitch now (Present Simple)
- No, we don't want to quit (Present Simple)
- These bears have quit the race (Present Perfect)
- I'll have to quit school (Future Simple)
- Why do you have to quit? (Present Simple)
- I had to quit my job... leave my husband (Past Simple)
- I don't think you'll have to quit (Future Simple)
- Please don't quit (Present Simple)
- I have to quit my job, Martin. (Present Simple)
- Would you please quit giggling? (Present Simple)