English verb flinch [flɪnʧ].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb flinch: Infinitive (flinch), Past Simple - (flinched), Past Participle - (flinched).
Forms of verb flinch in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb flinch in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of flinch.
Three forms of verb flinch
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of flinch?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) flinch in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - flinch. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - flinched. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - flinched. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of flinch?
The past tense of flinch is: flinch in past simple is flinched. and past participle is flinched.
What is the past tense of flinch?
The past tense of flinch is flinched.
The past participle of flinch is flinched.
Past simple — flinch in past simple flinched.
Future simple — flinch in future simple flinch. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — flinch in present perfect tense flinched. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — flinch in past perfect tense flinched. (had + V3)
flinch regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is flinch an irregular verb?? flinch is regular verb.
Examples of Verb flinch in Sentences
- And secondly, out of my young pride, stiffness and clumsiness, I flinched these meetings as much as I could. (Past Simple)
- He'd probably love to talk to me about politics, but I have studiously flinched such conversations. (Past Simple)
- It's embarrassing for them to talk about it, but from what I understand, he's just flinching meetings. (Present Simple)
- At first, the coach flinched meeting and starting work on various pretexts. (Past Simple)
- I flinched for a long time, citing - and not falsely - either sickness or busyness. (Past Simple)
- The enemy flinched in pain, groaned, and loosened his grip on my throat. (Past Simple)
- The wounded body flinched in pain. (Past Simple)
- A drop of oil hits my forearm, making me involuntarily flinch in pain. (Present Simple)
- But after it dries, it flinches and shrinks a lot. (Present Simple)
- Poplar is prone to rotting, and when it dries, it flinches and cracks. (Present Simple)