English verb forget [fəˈget].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb forget: Infinitive (forget), Past Simple - (forgot), Past Participle - (forgotten).
Forms of verb forget in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb forget in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of forget.
Three forms of verb forget
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of forget?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) forget in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - forget. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - forgot. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - forgotten. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of forget?
The past tense of forget is: forget in past simple is forgot. and past participle is forgotten.
What is the past tense of forget?
The past tense of forget is forgot.
The past participle of forget is forgotten.
Past simple — forget in past simple forgot.
Future simple — forget in future simple forget. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — forget in present perfect tense forgotten. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — forget in past perfect tense forgotten. (had + V3)
forget regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is forget an irregular verb?? forget is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb forget in Sentences
- Michael, I could never forget that street (Past Simple)
- Sorry, I forgot my prescriptions (Past Simple)
- I must have forgotten this evening (Present Perfect)
- Don't forget to call your teacher and cancell a lesson (Present Simple)
- Can't forget the words you said, don't think you can stay here (Present Simple)
- Unbelievable, you always forget about my birthday, you should buy yourself a calendar (Present Simple)
- A real friend never forgets important dates (Present Simple)
- Sorry, I forgot to buy batteries for your camera (Past Simple)
- Yesterday I forgot to call you, so decided to come to you (Past Simple)
- How could you forget reading that book? (Past Simple)