The English verb 'forgive' is pronounced as [fəˈgɪv].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb forgive: Infinitive (forgive), Past Simple - (forgave), Past Participle - (forgiven).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb forgive
👉 Forms of verb forgive in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of forgive.
Forgive: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb forgive?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'forgive'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'forgive'
- the first form (V1) is 'forgive' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'forgave' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'forgiven' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of forgive?
The past tense and past participle of forgive are: forgive in past simple is forgave, and past participle is forgiven.
What is the past tense of forgive?
The past tense of the verb "forgive" is "forgave", and the past participle is "forgiven".
Past simple — forgive in past simple forgave
Future simple — forgive in future simple is forgive (will + V1).
Present Perfect — forgive in present perfect tense is forgiven (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — forgive in past perfect tense is forgiven (had + V3).
forgive regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'forgive' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'forgive' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb forgive in Sentences
- Because we can't forgive ourselves (Present Simple)
- She forgave you for the accident (Past Simple)
- Monika never said he was forgiven (Past Simple)
- I forgave him and now we're friends (Past Simple)
- You just told me you forgave him (Past Simple)
- I just don't think he ever forgave himself (Present Simple)
- I certainly forgave you for it, but things will never be the same again (Past Simple)
- I already said I will forgive you your infidelity (Future Simple)
- I forgave you for accidentally killing my husband (Past Simple)
- I even forgave the man who murdered my daughter (Past Simple)