The English verb 'forswear' is pronounced as [fɔːˈsweə].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb forswear: Infinitive (forswear), Past Simple - (forswore), Past Participle - (forsworn).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb forswear
👉 Forms of verb forswear in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of forswear.
Forswear: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb forswear?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'forswear'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'forswear'
- the first form (V1) is 'forswear' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'forswore' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'forsworn' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of forswear?
The past tense and past participle of forswear are: forswear in past simple is forswore, and past participle is forsworn.
What is the past tense of forswear?
The past tense of the verb "forswear" is "forswore", and the past participle is "forsworn".
Past simple — forswear in past simple forswore
Future simple — forswear in future simple is forswear (will + V1).
Present Perfect — forswear in present perfect tense is forsworn (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — forswear in past perfect tense is forsworn (had + V3).
forswear regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'forswear' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'forswear' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb forswear in Sentences
- Will you forswear them? (Future Simple)
- For that, we do not need to forswear our past. (Present Simple)
- And I'm sorry, but you just don't forswear family. (Present Simple)
- You don't want to forswear your faith, I get it. (Present Simple)
- I have no intention to forswear my confession, Agent Hanna. (Present Simple)
- I guess I just wanted to tell you not to forswear on your dream. (Present Simple)
- He forswore never to return to this land. (Past Simple)
- She forswore the old politics. (Past Simple)
- I forswore in my most solemn vows never to go to the gambling table again. (Past Simple)
- I have forsworn to obey the laws, and I cannot break my oath. (Present Perfect)