English verb hint [hɪnt].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb hint: Infinitive (hint), Past Simple - (hinted), Past Participle - (hinted).
Forms of verb hint in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb hint in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of hint.
Three forms of verb hint
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of hint?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) hint in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - hint. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - hinted. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - hinted. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of hint?
The past tense of hint is: hint in past simple is hinted. and past participle is hinted.
What is the past tense of hint?
The past tense of hint is hinted.
The past participle of hint is hinted.
Past simple — hint in past simple hinted.
Future simple — hint in future simple hint. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — hint in present perfect tense hinted. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — hint in past perfect tense hinted. (had + V3)
hint regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is hint an irregular verb?? hint is regular verb.
Examples of Verb hint in Sentences
- Because my mother was already hinting unequivocally that it was time for me to come and see their freshly renovated apartment again. (Past Continuous)
- Did you ever hint to Mr. Moody that he should do something illegal regarding the ballot boxes? (Past Simple)
- - If this is your way of trying to hint that I don't know enough about people and their customs, I don't. (Present Simple)
- It's because I write essays so well, and most importantly, because I once hinted in class that I want to be a journalist. (Past Simple)
- But if we hint about that thing, they can attribute it to summoning a demon or something else, so it's a sure thing to the gallows. (Present Simple)
- He will hint a word, one or the other, and then close his bloodless lips again. (Present Simple)
- The results of such experiments will hint at the ability of plants to defend themselves against water. (Future Simple)
- Gutted bags and broken apartment doors immediately hinted at the idea of looters. (Past Simple)
- I'll just hint that you take your thumbs for granted. (Future Simple)
- Then I'll hint my superiors that even when I'm away on family business, I still stick to the plan. (Future Simple)