English verb gather [ˈɡæðər].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb gather: Infinitive (gather), Past Simple - (gathered), Past Participle - (gathered).
Forms of verb gather in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb gather in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of gather.
Three forms of verb gather
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of gather?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) gather in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - gather. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - gathered. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - gathered. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of gather?
The past tense of gather is: gather in past simple is gathered. and past participle is gathered.
What is the past tense of gather?
The past tense of gather is gathered.
The past participle of gather is gathered.
Past simple — gather in past simple gathered.
Future simple — gather in future simple gather. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — gather in present perfect tense gathered. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — gather in past perfect tense gathered. (had + V3)
gather regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is gather an irregular verb?? gather is regular verb.
Examples of Verb gather in Sentences
- We are gathered here to find the truth (Present Simple)
- We have gathered in Baltimore since 2 october (Present Perfect)
- People gathered around the fire to warm up. (Past Simple)
- We have gathered around the speaker. (Present Perfect)
- He saw a crowd of people gathered in the square. (Past Simple)
- The players will gather to hear the coach's plan for the game. (Future Simple)
- A whole crowd gathered to watch this fight. (Past Simple)
- They gathered together to have fun. (Past Simple)
- Many people with grim and serious faces gathered around the grave. (Past Simple)
- The whole family has gathered to celebrate my birthday. (Present Perfect)