The English verb 'get back' is pronounced as [get bæk].
Related to: phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb get back: Infinitive (get back), Past Simple - (got back), Past Participle - (got/gotten back).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb get back
👉 Forms of verb get back in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of get back.
Get back: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|get back [get bæk]||
got back [gɒt bæk]
got/gotten back [gɒt/gɒtn bæk]
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb get back?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'get back'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'get back'
- the first form (V1) is 'get back' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'got back' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'got/gotten back' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of get back?
The past tense and past participle of get back are: get back in past simple is got back, and past participle is got/gotten back.
What is the past tense of get back?
The past tense of the verb "get back" is "got back", and the past participle is "got/gotten back".
Past simple — get back in past simple got back
Future simple — get back in future simple is get back (will + V1).
Present Perfect — get back in present perfect tense is got/gotten back (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — get back in past perfect tense is got/gotten back (had + V3).
get back regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'get back' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'get back' is .
Examples of Verb get back in Sentences
- He wants to get back to his farm (Present Simple)
- I tried to get back for days (Past Simple)
- I wanna get back and see you (Present Simple)
- Let's get back to the case (Present Simple)
- I don't get back to the office (Present Simple)
- Get back into bed (Present Simple)
- Now, get back to your room (Present Simple)
- I must be getting back (Present Continuous)