The English verb 'grave' is pronounced as [ɡreɪv].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb grave: Infinitive (grave), Past Simple - (graved), Past Participle - (graved).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb grave
👉 Forms of verb grave in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of grave.
Grave: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb grave?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'grave'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'grave'
- the first form (V1) is 'grave' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'graved' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'graved', 'graven' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of grave?
The past tense and past participle of grave are: grave in past simple is graved, and past participle is graved. graven.
What is the past tense of grave?
The past tense of the verb "grave" is "graved", and the past participle is "graved" or "graven".
Past simple — grave in past simple graved
Future simple — grave in future simple is grave (will + V1).
Present Perfect — grave in present perfect tense is graved, graven (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — grave in past perfect tense is graved, graven (had + V3).
grave regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'grave' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'grave' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb grave in Sentences
- To grave the names of the winners is a work that requires self-denial. (Present Simple)
- Only vacant lots are allocated for them, where it is forbidden to grave inscriptions on monuments. (Present Simple)
- People graved them on various objects, it's like a family seal. (Past Simple)
- The Church of Saints Nicholas and Magnus in Morton is known for its intricate graved glass windows. (Present Simple)
- They are coated with diamond particles, which makes it easy to grave hard materials such as glass. (Present Simple)
- Even if you can already grave by hand, a printed template is a great help. (Present Simple)
- Do you want to learn how to grave on glass? (Present Simple)
- Painters and other craftsmen have graved wood and metal for centuries. (Present Perfect)
- If you want to grave letters, try to keep them as even as possible. (Present Simple)
- It will be much easier to grave if the product is clamped in a vice. (Future Simple)