English verb greet [ɡriːt].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb greet: Infinitive (greet), Past Simple - (greeted), Past Participle - (greeted).
Forms of verb greet in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb greet in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of greet.
Three forms of verb greet
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of greet?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) greet in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - greet. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - greeted. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - greeted. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of greet?
The past tense of greet is: greet in past simple is greeted. and past participle is greeted.
What is the past tense of greet?
The past tense of greet is greeted.
The past participle of greet is greeted.
Past simple — greet in past simple greeted.
Future simple — greet in future simple greet. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — greet in present perfect tense greeted. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — greet in past perfect tense greeted. (had + V3)
greet regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is greet an irregular verb?? greet is regular verb.
Examples of Verb greet in Sentences
- The crowd was ready to greet the new governor (Past Simple)
- The Committee greeted the results of the Nizhny Novgorod event (Past Simple)
- All animals have greeted you with respect (Present Perfect)
- The host greeted guests at the door. (Past Simple)
- The actors were greeted with cheers. (Past Simple)
- Bess greeted her sister warmly. (Past Simple)
- An attractive woman greeted us at the door and invited to come in. (Past Simple)
- The announcement was greeted with loud laughter. (Past Simple)
- Complete silence greeted them as they entered the empty room. (Past Simple)
- He greeted Karla with a wave of his hand. (Past Simple)