The English verb 'greet' is pronounced as [ɡriːt].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb greet: Infinitive (greet), Past Simple - (greeted), Past Participle - (greeted).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb greet
👉 Forms of verb greet in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of greet.
Greet: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb greet?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'greet'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'greet'
- the first form (V1) is 'greet' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'greeted' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'greeted' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of greet?
The past tense and past participle of greet are: greet in past simple is greeted, and past participle is greeted.
What is the past tense of greet?
The past tense of the verb "greet" is "greeted", and the past participle is "greeted".
Past simple — greet in past simple greeted
Future simple — greet in future simple is greet (will + V1).
Present Perfect — greet in present perfect tense is greeted (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — greet in past perfect tense is greeted (had + V3).
greet regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'greet' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'greet' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb greet in Sentences
- The crowd was ready to greet the new governor (Past Simple)
- The Committee greeted the results of the Nizhny Novgorod event (Past Simple)
- All animals have greeted you with respect (Present Perfect)
- The host greeted guests at the door. (Past Simple)
- The actors were greeted with cheers. (Past Simple)
- Bess greeted her sister warmly. (Past Simple)
- An attractive woman greeted us at the door and invited to come in. (Past Simple)
- The announcement was greeted with loud laughter. (Past Simple)
- Complete silence greeted them as they entered the empty room. (Past Simple)
- He greeted Karla with a wave of his hand. (Past Simple)