The English verb 'grow up' is pronounced as [grəʊ ʌp].
Related to: phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb grow up: Infinitive (grow up), Past Simple - (grown up), Past Participle - (grown up).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb grow up
👉 Forms of verb grow up in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of grow up.
Grow up: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|grow up [grəʊ ʌp]||
grown up [grəʊn ʌp]
grown up [grəʊn ʌp]
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb grow up?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'grow up'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'grow up'
- the first form (V1) is 'grow up' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'grown up' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'grown up' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of grow up?
The past tense and past participle of grow up are: grow up in past simple is grown up, and past participle is grown up.
What is the past tense of grow up?
The past tense of the verb "grow up" is "grown up", and the past participle is "grown up".
Past simple — grow up in past simple grown up
Future simple — grow up in future simple is grow up (will + V1).
Present Perfect — grow up in present perfect tense is grown up (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — grow up in past perfect tense is grown up (had + V3).
grow up regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'grow up' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'grow up' is .
Examples of Verb grow up in Sentences
- Your son's really grown up (Present Perfect)
- Just grown up a little, that's all (Past Simple)
- I grew up in this house (Past Simple)
- We were kids together, grew up together (Past Simple)
- You'll never grow up there (Future Simple)
- You can't keep a kid from growing up (Present Simple)
- You've grown up and will get married soon (Present Perfect)
- Let him grow up a bit (Present Simple)