English verb guard [ɡɑːd].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb guard: Infinitive (guard), Past Simple - (guarded), Past Participle - (guarded).
Forms of verb guard in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb guard in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of guard.
Three forms of verb guard
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of guard?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) guard in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - guard. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - guarded. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - guarded. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of guard?
The past tense of guard is: guard in past simple is guarded. and past participle is guarded.
What is the past tense of guard?
The past tense of guard is guarded.
The past participle of guard is guarded.
Past simple — guard in past simple guarded.
Future simple — guard in future simple guard. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — guard in present perfect tense guarded. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — guard in past perfect tense guarded. (had + V3)
guard regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is guard an irregular verb?? guard is regular verb.
Examples of Verb guard in Sentences
- They were not going to guard our yard (Past Continuous)
- The dog guarded the house for 2 weeks (Past Simple)
- The school is guarded day and night. (Present Simple)
- My father's whereabouts are a tightly guarded secret. (Present Simple)
- Do both parents guard the eggs? (Present Simple)
- The minister was quite guarded in his comments. (Past Simple)
- The entrance was guarded by a policeman. (Past Simple)
- The dog was guarding the gate. (Past Continuous)
- You will guard and protect him. (Future Simple)
- Who will guard me there? (Future Simple)