The English verb 'have' is pronounced as [hæv].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb have: Infinitive (have), Past Simple - (had), Past Participle - (had).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb have
👉 Forms of verb have in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of have.
Have: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb have?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'have'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'have'
- the first form (V1) is 'have' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'had' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'had' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of have?
The past tense and past participle of have are: have in past simple is had, and past participle is had.
What is the past tense of have?
The past tense of the verb "have" is "had", and the past participle is "had".
Past simple — have in past simple had
Future simple — have in future simple is have (will + V1).
Present Perfect — have in present perfect tense is had (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — have in past perfect tense is had (had + V3).
have regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'have' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'have' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb have in Sentences
- I have nothing to say here (Present Simple)
- He has a great body because he's an athlete (Present Simple)
- She had a miserable life full of regrets (Past Simple)
- Do you have a telephone? (Present Simple)
- I still had my memories of her (Past Perfect)
- They have a very expensive car now (Present Simple)
- Please, baby, have mercy on me (Present Simple)
- I will have everything I want! (Future Simple)
- I'll have what she's having (Future Simple)
- He has strong arms and beautiful eyes (Present Simple)
Формы глагола to have в настоящем простом времени (Present Simple)
В настоящем простом времени to have имеет 2 формы:
- have / has have — используется со всеми лицами, кроме 3 л. ед. ч.
- has — используется только с лицами 3 л. ед. ч. (he, she, it)
- I have — я имею
- We have — мы имеем
- You have — ты имеешь (вы имеете)
- They have — они имеют
- He has — он имеет
- She has — она имеет
- It has — оно имеет