English verb have [hæv].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb have: Infinitive (have), Past Simple - (had), Past Participle - (had).
Forms of verb have in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb have in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of have.
Three forms of verb have
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of have?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) have in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - have. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - had. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - had. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of have?
The past tense of have is: have in past simple is had. and past participle is had.
What is the past tense of have?
The past tense of have is had.
The past participle of have is had.
Past simple — have in past simple had.
Future simple — have in future simple have. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — have in present perfect tense had. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — have in past perfect tense had. (had + V3)
have regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is have an irregular verb?? have is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb have in Sentences
- I have nothing to say here (Present Simple)
- He has a great body because he's an athlete (Present Simple)
- She had a miserable life full of regrets (Past Simple)
- Do you have a telephone? (Present Simple)
- I still had my memories of her (Past Perfect)
- They have a very expensive car now (Present Simple)
- Please, baby, have mercy on me (Present Simple)
- I will have everything I want! (Future Simple)
- I'll have what she's having (Future Simple)
- He has strong arms and beautiful eyes (Present Simple)
Формы глагола to have в настоящем простом времени (Present Simple)
В настоящем простом времени to have имеет 2 формы:
- have / has have — используется со всеми лицами, кроме 3 л. ед. ч.
- has — используется только с лицами 3 л. ед. ч. (he, she, it)
- I have — я имею
- We have — мы имеем
- You have — ты имеешь (вы имеете)
- They have — они имеют
- He has — он имеет
- She has — она имеет
- It has — оно имеет