English verb pay [peɪ].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb pay: Infinitive (pay), Past Simple - (paid), Past Participle - (paid).
Forms of verb pay in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb pay in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of pay.
Three forms of verb pay
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of pay?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) pay in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - pay. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - paid. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - paid. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of pay?
The past tense of pay is: pay in past simple is paid. and past participle is paid.
What is the past tense of pay?
The past tense of pay is paid.
The past participle of pay is paid.
Past simple — pay in past simple paid.
Future simple — pay in future simple pay. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — pay in present perfect tense paid. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — pay in past perfect tense paid. (had + V3)
pay regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is pay an irregular verb?? pay is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb pay in Sentences
- They haven't paid the gas bill yet (Present Perfect)
- She paid him $19 to cut the trees (Past Simple)
- We forgot to pay all your bills (Past Simple)
- Now it's time to pay me back (Present Simple)
- Are you paying for the table? (Present Continuous)
- He is not paying attention to that issue, but certanly should (Present Continuous)
- Jack's never paid his bills, becausу hiis parents did that for him (Past Simple)
- Have you already paid him ? Let's go! (Present Perfect)
- My parents won't pay for my wedding (Future Simple)
- Now he will pay attention to his wife (Future Simple)