The English verb 'hold up' is pronounced as [həʊld ʌp].
Related to: phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb hold up: Infinitive (hold up), Past Simple - (held up), Past Participle - (held up).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb hold up
👉 Forms of verb hold up in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of hold up.
Hold up: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|hold up [həʊld ʌp]||
held up [held ʌp]
held up [held ʌp]
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb hold up?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'hold up'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'hold up'
- the first form (V1) is 'hold up' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'held up' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'held up' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of hold up?
The past tense and past participle of hold up are: hold up in past simple is held up, and past participle is held up.
What is the past tense of hold up?
The past tense of the verb "hold up" is "held up", and the past participle is "held up".
Past simple — hold up in past simple held up
Future simple — hold up in future simple is hold up (will + V1).
Present Perfect — hold up in present perfect tense is held up (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — hold up in past perfect tense is held up (had + V3).
hold up regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'hold up' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'hold up' is .
Examples of Verb hold up in Sentences
- You're sure holding up fine (Present Continuous)
- Even John is holding up better than you (Present Continuous)
- Hold up, take them plates first (Present Simple)
- He's been held up (Present Perfect)
- I am sure your dad just got held up in court again (Past Simple)
- I was held up at the boat (Past Simple)
- I know, I got held up (Past Simple)
- I hope he's not held up, he's bringing our things (Present Perfect)