The English verb 'hope' is pronounced as [hoʊp].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb hope: Infinitive (hope), Past Simple - (hoped), Past Participle - (hoped).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb hope
👉 Forms of verb hope in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of hope.
Hope: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb hope?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'hope'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'hope'
- the first form (V1) is 'hope' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'hoped' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'hoped' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of hope?
The past tense and past participle of hope are: hope in past simple is hoped, and past participle is hoped.
What is the past tense of hope?
The past tense of the verb "hope" is "hoped", and the past participle is "hoped".
Past simple — hope in past simple hoped
Future simple — hope in future simple is hope (will + V1).
Present Perfect — hope in present perfect tense is hoped (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — hope in past perfect tense is hoped (had + V3).
hope regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'hope' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'hope' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb hope in Sentences
- That allows them to hope for successful expertise (Present Simple)
- Paul sincerely hopes that this trend will continue (Present Simple)
- Our economic situation is not as strong as might have been hoped (Present Perfect)
- I hope he will not come (Future Simple)
- He never hoped to see her again (Past Simple)
- This dog is probably hoping to get some food (Present Continuous)
- My brother hopes you will pass exam (Present Simple)
- Have you ever hoped to buy this bag? (Present Perfect)
- We are hoping for the best as always (Present Continuous)
- If you can't hope, how will you find peace? (Present Simple)