The English verb 'house' is pronounced as [haʊs].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb house: Infinitive (house), Past Simple - (housed), Past Participle - (housed).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb house
👉 Forms of verb house in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of house.
House: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb house?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'house'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'house'
- the first form (V1) is 'house' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'housed' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'housed' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of house?
The past tense and past participle of house are: house in past simple is housed, and past participle is housed.
What is the past tense of house?
The past tense of the verb "house" is "housed", and the past participle is "housed".
Past simple — house in past simple housed
Future simple — house in future simple is house (will + V1).
Present Perfect — house in present perfect tense is housed (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — house in past perfect tense is housed (had + V3).
house regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'house' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'house' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb house in Sentences
- He likes to house with his friend (Present Simple)
- They housed us for two weeks (Past Simple)
- You should house yourself for 2 days (Present Simple)
- Our employees have been housed in motels (Present Perfect)
- Now our building is housing a small supermarket (Present Continuous)
- Have you housed well? (Present Perfect)
- We have never housed here before (Present Perfect)
- I am not housing here, that's a mistake (Present Continuous)
- Let's house these poor homeless children (Present Simple)
- It is designed to house ten airplanes (Present Simple)