English verb face [feɪs].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb face: Infinitive (face), Past Simple - (faced), Past Participle - (faced).
Forms of verb face in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb face in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of face.
Three forms of verb face
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of face?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) face in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - face. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - faced. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - faced. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of face?
The past tense of face is: face in past simple is faced. and past participle is faced.
What is the past tense of face?
The past tense of face is faced.
The past participle of face is faced.
Past simple — face in past simple faced.
Future simple — face in future simple face. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — face in present perfect tense faced. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — face in past perfect tense faced. (had + V3)
face regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is face an irregular verb?? face is regular verb.
Examples of Verb face in Sentences
- We faced with a spaceship for the first time (Past Simple)
- We were faced with a difficult choice. (Past Simple)
- He faced a lot of problems. (Past Simple)
- She faced the future calmly. (Past Simple)
- We were faced by an army of enormous strength. (Past Simple)
- The barbarians will face a powerful army. (Future Simple)
- She faces a painful choice. (Present Simple)
- The modern fence is faced with stone. (Present Simple)
- I have never faced such a thorough investigation before. (Present Perfect)
- He was faced with a seemingly impossible task. (Past Simple)