English verb index [ˈɪndeks].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb index: Infinitive (index), Past Simple - (indexed), Past Participle - (indexed).
Forms of verb index in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb index in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of index.
Three forms of verb index
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of index?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) index in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - index. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - indexed. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - indexed. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of index?
The past tense of index is: index in past simple is indexed. and past participle is indexed.
What is the past tense of index?
The past tense of index is indexed.
The past participle of index is indexed.
Past simple — index in past simple indexed.
Future simple — index in future simple index. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — index in present perfect tense indexed. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — index in past perfect tense indexed. (had + V3)
index regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is index an irregular verb?? index is regular verb.
Examples of Verb index in Sentences
- The governor wanted to index wages and prices (Past Simple)
- The disability pensions were indexed in the same value (Past Simple)
- The Fund had indexed this portfolio 3 years ago (Past Perfect)
- I have indexed reports by topic and location. (Present Perfect)
- All books in the library are indexed according to genre. (Present Simple)
- All mentioned names and surnames are indexed. (Present Simple)
- Broadcasters also use this style to index featured messages for live coverage. (Present Simple)
- The script will only index files on the specified servers. (Future Simple)
- Records should be indexed by land use units. (Present Simple)
- Please select the database table you want to index. (Present Simple)