The English verb 'inherit' is pronounced as [ɪnˈherɪt].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb inherit: Infinitive (inherit), Past Simple - (inherited), Past Participle - (inherited).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb inherit
👉 Forms of verb inherit in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of inherit.
Inherit: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb inherit?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'inherit'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'inherit'
- the first form (V1) is 'inherit' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'inherited' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'inherited' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of inherit?
The past tense and past participle of inherit are: inherit in past simple is inherited, and past participle is inherited.
What is the past tense of inherit?
The past tense of the verb "inherit" is "inherited", and the past participle is "inherited".
Past simple — inherit in past simple inherited
Future simple — inherit in future simple is inherit (will + V1).
Present Perfect — inherit in present perfect tense is inherited (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — inherit in past perfect tense is inherited (had + V3).
inherit regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'inherit' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'inherit' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb inherit in Sentences
- He inherited the house from his grandfather (Past Simple)
- Maybe it's inherited (Past Simple)
- I inherited my mother's curly hair (Past Simple)
- He inherited a fortune from his grandmother (Past Simple)
- Steve inherited his dog, and some papers (Past Simple)
- Anna must have inherited Mom’s power (Present Perfect)
- Maybe I had inherited my Grandfather Artur’s nose (Past Perfect)
- John inherited the business from his father (Past Simple)
- What she inherited wasn’t just the family fortune (Past Simple)
- You’re the one who inherited our father’s wisdom (Past Simple)