English verb inherit [ɪnˈherɪt].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb inherit: Infinitive (inherit), Past Simple - (inherited), Past Participle - (inherited).
Forms of verb inherit in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb inherit in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of inherit.
Three forms of verb inherit
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of inherit?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) inherit in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - inherit. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - inherited. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - inherited. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of inherit?
The past tense of inherit is: inherit in past simple is inherited. and past participle is inherited.
What is the past tense of inherit?
The past tense of inherit is inherited.
The past participle of inherit is inherited.
Past simple — inherit in past simple inherited.
Future simple — inherit in future simple inherit. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — inherit in present perfect tense inherited. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — inherit in past perfect tense inherited. (had + V3)
inherit regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is inherit an irregular verb?? inherit is regular verb.
Examples of Verb inherit in Sentences
- He inherited the house from his grandfather (Past Simple)
- Maybe it's inherited (Past Simple)
- I inherited my mother's curly hair (Past Simple)
- He inherited a fortune from his grandmother (Past Simple)
- Steve inherited his dog, and some papers (Past Simple)
- Anna must have inherited Mom’s power (Present Perfect)
- Maybe I had inherited my Grandfather Artur’s nose (Past Perfect)
- John inherited the business from his father (Past Simple)
- What she inherited wasn’t just the family fortune (Past Simple)
- You’re the one who inherited our father’s wisdom (Past Simple)