English verb insert [ɪnˈsɜːrt].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb insert: Infinitive (insert), Past Simple - (inserted), Past Participle - (inserted).
Forms of verb insert in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb insert in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of insert.
Three forms of verb insert
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of insert?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) insert in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - insert. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - inserted. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - inserted. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of insert?
The past tense of insert is: insert in past simple is inserted. and past participle is inserted.
What is the past tense of insert?
The past tense of insert is inserted.
The past participle of insert is inserted.
Past simple — insert in past simple inserted.
Future simple — insert in future simple insert. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — insert in present perfect tense inserted. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — insert in past perfect tense inserted. (had + V3)
insert regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is insert an irregular verb?? insert is regular verb.
Examples of Verb insert in Sentences
- We had to cut the stitches and insert 2 tubes into the abdominal cavity (Past Simple)
- The editor should have inserted a few mentions of Twitter into the paragraph (Present Perfect)
- Insert the key and turn to the left (Present Simple)
- You haven't inserted a date here (Present Perfect)
- Do you mind if I insert my name in the letter? (Present Simple)
- We are inserting very significant data, could you keep it down? (Present Continuous)
- Please insert $2 and push the red button (Present Simple)
- You haven't inserted a comma (Present Perfect)
- He inserted personal data and proceeded (Past Simple)
- Will you insert my phone number in the list? (Future Simple)