The English verb 'interpret' is pronounced as [ɪnˈtəːprɪt].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb interpret: Infinitive (interpret), Past Simple - (interpreted), Past Participle - (interpreted).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb interpret
👉 Forms of verb interpret in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of interpret.
Interpret: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb interpret?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'interpret'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'interpret'
- the first form (V1) is 'interpret' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'interpreted' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'interpreted' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of interpret?
The past tense and past participle of interpret are: interpret in past simple is interpreted, and past participle is interpreted.
What is the past tense of interpret?
The past tense of the verb "interpret" is "interpreted", and the past participle is "interpreted".
Past simple — interpret in past simple interpreted
Future simple — interpret in future simple is interpret (will + V1).
Present Perfect — interpret in present perfect tense is interpreted (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — interpret in past perfect tense is interpreted (had + V3).
interpret regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'interpret' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'interpret' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb interpret in Sentences
- We decided to interpret it as a gesture of mercy (Past Simple)
- Courts usually interpreted these provisions arbitrarily and inconsistently. (Past Simple)
- Be careful, any of your words can be interpreted as an admission of guilt. (Present Simple)
- I don't understand how should we interpret this law. (Present Simple)
- How can you interpret Martha's behavior? (Present Simple)
- I had to interpret the speech for them, because they didn't understand English. (Past Simple)
- Every actor interprets the same role differently. (Present Simple)
- And left me completely in the dark as to how to interpret it. (Past Simple)
- We need someone to interpret to us what these results mean. (Present Simple)
- Can you interpret what the VIPs are saying? (Present Simple)