The English verb 'invent' is pronounced as [ɪnˈvent].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb invent: Infinitive (invent), Past Simple - (invented), Past Participle - (invented).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb invent
👉 Forms of verb invent in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of invent.
Invent: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb invent?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'invent'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'invent'
- the first form (V1) is 'invent' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'invented' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'invented' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of invent?
The past tense and past participle of invent are: invent in past simple is invented, and past participle is invented.
What is the past tense of invent?
The past tense of the verb "invent" is "invented", and the past participle is "invented".
Past simple — invent in past simple invented
Future simple — invent in future simple is invent (will + V1).
Present Perfect — invent in present perfect tense is invented (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — invent in past perfect tense is invented (had + V3).
invent regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'invent' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'invent' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb invent in Sentences
- It took too much time for you to invent that. (Past Simple)
- Mitch and John invented pretty clever excuse. (Past Simple)
- No one has yet invented the market like that. (Present Perfect)
- Popov invented the radio in 1895. (Past Simple)
- She invented a clever excuse to avoid the party. (Past Simple)
- They invented a very convincing alibi, but still got arrested. (Past Simple)
- Did you know that before bricks were invented, people built their houses out of wood? (Past Simple)
- The vacuum cleaner is one of the greatest robotic devices ever invented. (Present Simple)
- Who invented the computer? (Past Simple)
- Since then, more modern new fuels have been invented. (Present Perfect)