English verb slide [slaɪd].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb slide: Infinitive (slide), Past Simple - (slid), Past Participle - (slid).
Forms of verb slide in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb slide in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of slide.
Three forms of verb slide
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of slide?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) slide in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - slide. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - slid. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - slid. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of slide?
The past tense of slide is: slide in past simple is slid. and past participle is slid.
What is the past tense of slide?
The past tense of slide is slid.
The past participle of slide is slid.
Past simple — slide in past simple slid.
Future simple — slide in future simple slide. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — slide in present perfect tense slid. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — slide in past perfect tense slid. (had + V3)
slide regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is slide an irregular verb?? slide is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb slide in Sentences
- When he hit the door, he slid at least 2 meters (Past Simple)
- It has slid under the bed (Past Simple)
- The economy will slide backwards if we lose access to markets (Future Simple)
- The lawyer slid that guilty plea right by (Past Simple)
- I slid the garage door open as quietly as I could (Past Simple)
- Mark slid into a wall and chipped his few teeth (Past Simple)
- I slid the letter under your door, Marry (Past Simple)
- You're sliding into chaos, and there's no safety net (Present Continuous)
- I don't think that will slide (Future Simple)
- She's still sliding into coma (Present Continuous)