The English verb 'Jot down' is pronounced as [ʤɔt daun].
Related to: regular verbs, phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb Jot down: Infinitive (Jot down), Past Simple - (jotted), Past Participle - (jotted).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb Jot down
👉 Forms of verb Jot down in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of Jot down.
Jot down: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|Jot down [ʤɔt daun]||
jotted [ˈdʒɒtɪd daun]
jotted [ˈdʒɒtɪd daun]
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb Jot down?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'Jot down'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'Jot down'
- the first form (V1) is 'Jot down' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'jotted' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'jotted' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of Jot down?
The past tense and past participle of Jot down are: Jot down in past simple is jotted, and past participle is jotted.
What is the past tense of Jot down?
The past tense of the verb "Jot down" is "jotted", and the past participle is "jotted".
Past simple — Jot down in past simple jotted
Future simple — Jot down in future simple is Jot down (will + V1).
Present Perfect — Jot down in present perfect tense is jotted (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — Jot down in past perfect tense is jotted (had + V3).
Jot down regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'Jot down' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'Jot down' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb Jot down in Sentences
- In short, the latter outweighed me, and I began to jot down a plan of action, so engrossed that the visit to the aunt completely slipped my mind. (Past Simple)
- It' s a done deal. I sat down at the table and began to jot down the outline of the book... (Past Simple)
- Mom was very good at drawing and would often jot down a drawing during the story. (Past Simple)
- If she received a letter in the morning mail, she often jotted down a draft of her answer right there in her notebook, as if to include it in the creative flow of the day. (Past Simple)
- In order to reach the horizon, the traveler jots down an approximate route of travel. (Present Simple)
- It draws her in; mentally, she is already jotting down a portrait of this man. (Present Continuous)
- I started mentally jotting down the structure of the book while I was driving, getting more and more excited, until I heard a police siren and a demand to stop-I was way over the speed limit. (Past Simple)
- He prepares questions in advance, jots down talking points and draft resolutions. (Present Simple)
- Feeling miserable, he took a piece of paper out of his desk and began to jot down a letter. (Past Simple)
- Started jotting down options for staff groups and the unit as a whole. (Past Simple)