English verb keep [ki:p].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb keep: Infinitive (keep), Past Simple - (kept), Past Participle - (kept).
Forms of verb keep in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb keep in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of keep.
Three forms of verb keep
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of keep?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) keep in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - keep. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - kept. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - kept. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of keep?
The past tense of keep is: keep in past simple is kept. and past participle is kept.
What is the past tense of keep?
The past tense of keep is kept.
The past participle of keep is kept.
Past simple — keep in past simple kept.
Future simple — keep in future simple keep. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — keep in present perfect tense kept. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — keep in past perfect tense kept. (had + V3)
keep regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is keep an irregular verb?? keep is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb keep in Sentences
- Keep me aware (Present Simple)
- Keep dog away from children (Present Simple)
- What kept him from doing it? (Past Simple)
- Keep calm and learn English verbs (Present Simple)
- He's never kept his word, nobody believed him (Present Perfect)
- Keep studying and you will pass the exam (Present Simple)
- My friend was keeping the birthday party quiet (Past Continuous)
- It's good to keep to routine (Present Simple)
- You won't keep me from going there (Future Simple)
- He will be keeping a positive attitude towards this issue (Future Continuous)