The English verb 'set up' is pronounced as [set ʌp].
Related to: phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb set up: Infinitive (set up), Past Simple - (set up), Past Participle - (set up).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb set up
👉 Forms of verb set up in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of set up.
Set up: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|set up [set ʌp]||
set up [set ʌp]
set up [set ʌp]
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb set up?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'set up'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'set up'
- the first form (V1) is 'set up' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'set up' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'set up' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of set up?
The past tense and past participle of set up are: set up in past simple is set up, and past participle is set up.
What is the past tense of set up?
The past tense of the verb "set up" is "set up", and the past participle is "set up".
Past simple — set up in past simple set up
Future simple — set up in future simple is set up (will + V1).
Present Perfect — set up in present perfect tense is set up (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — set up in past perfect tense is set up (had + V3).
set up regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'set up' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'set up' is .
Examples of Verb set up in Sentences
- They've already set up a remote security lockout (Present Perfect)
- Got some traps set up along this way somewhere (Past Simple)
- Yeah, I'm trying to set up a little casual dating situation (Present Continuous)
- That's why you've set up your lab here then (Present Perfect)
- The only reason I did it is 'cause I was set up (Past Simple)
- He poisoned the dog and set up the fake murder (Past Simple)
- Well, I'll see if I can set up a meeting with you and Mr Garrity (Future Simple)
- I gotta set up the music (Present Simple)