The English verb 'kid' is pronounced as [kɪd].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb kid: Infinitive (kid), Past Simple - (kidded), Past Participle - (kidded).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb kid
👉 Forms of verb kid in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of kid.
Kid: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb kid?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'kid'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'kid'
- the first form (V1) is 'kid' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'kidded' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'kidded' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of kid?
The past tense and past participle of kid are: kid in past simple is kidded, and past participle is kidded.
What is the past tense of kid?
The past tense of the verb "kid" is "kidded", and the past participle is "kidded".
Past simple — kid in past simple kidded
Future simple — kid in future simple is kid (will + V1).
Present Perfect — kid in present perfect tense is kidded (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — kid in past perfect tense is kidded (had + V3).
kid regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'kid' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'kid' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb kid in Sentences
- Paul used to kid her (Past Simple)
- I just kidded him (Past Simple)
- After we came home, we just kidded around (Past Simple)
- My friends kidded me that my back is white. (Past Simple)
- They kidded him about his looks. (Past Simple)
- I will never kid you (Future Simple)
- Please, don't kid around me (Present Simple)
- He is always kidded about his lost tooth (Present Simple)
- Don't be mad at me, I was just kidding (Past Continuous)
- He's just kidding around, don't pay attention to him (Present Continuous)