English verb kill [kɪl].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb kill: Infinitive (kill), Past Simple - (killed), Past Participle - (killed).
Forms of verb kill in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb kill in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of kill.
Three forms of verb kill
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of kill?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) kill in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - kill. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - killed. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - killed. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of kill?
The past tense of kill is: kill in past simple is killed. and past participle is killed.
What is the past tense of kill?
The past tense of kill is killed.
The past participle of kill is killed.
Past simple — kill in past simple killed.
Future simple — kill in future simple kill. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — kill in present perfect tense killed. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — kill in past perfect tense killed. (had + V3)
kill regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is kill an irregular verb?? kill is regular verb.
Examples of Verb kill in Sentences
- She killed these geese (Past Simple)
- The terrorists have killed far more than 200 people (Present Perfect)
- He was killed during the war. (Past Simple)
- Several people were killed during the terrorist attack. (Past Simple)
- According to official sources, at least forty people have been killed. (Present Perfect)
- The passenger was killed instantly. (Past Simple)
- He killed his wife's lover, and committed suicide. (Past Simple)
- All of her sons were killed in battle. (Past Simple)
- It's a real miracle that you weren't killed in this crowd! (Past Simple)
- Two more hostages were killed. (Past Simple)