The English verb 'record' is pronounced as [ˈrekɔːd].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb record: Infinitive (record), Past Simple - (recorded), Past Participle - (recorded).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb record
👉 Forms of verb record in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of record.
Record: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb record?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'record'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'record'
- the first form (V1) is 'record' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'recorded' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'recorded' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of record?
The past tense and past participle of record are: record in past simple is recorded, and past participle is recorded.
What is the past tense of record?
The past tense of the verb "record" is "recorded", and the past participle is "recorded".
Past simple — record in past simple recorded
Future simple — record in future simple is record (will + V1).
Present Perfect — record in present perfect tense is recorded (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — record in past perfect tense is recorded (had + V3).
record regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'record' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'record' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb record in Sentences
- She records all the stuff (Present Simple)
- 14,400 returnees was recorded. (Past Simple)
- Only two cases have been recorded for now. (Present Perfect)
- He always records his observations in a notebook. (Present Simple)
- Her singing has been recorded. (Present Perfect)
- Do you know which studio the song was recorded in? (Past Simple)
- The band had just recorded a new album and were ready to perform a concert. (Present Perfect)
- The entire incident was recorded on tape. (Past Simple)
- Information is recorded using electronic equipment. (Present Simple)
- He recorded the spoken street language. (Past Simple)