English verb know [noʊ].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb know: Infinitive (know), Past Simple - (knew), Past Participle - (known).
Forms of verb know in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb know in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of know.
Three forms of verb know
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of know?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) know in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - know. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - knew. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - known. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of know?
The past tense of know is: know in past simple is knew. and past participle is known.
What is the past tense of know?
The past tense of know is knew.
The past participle of know is known.
Past simple — know in past simple knew.
Future simple — know in future simple know. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — know in present perfect tense known. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — know in past perfect tense known. (had + V3)
know regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is know an irregular verb?? know is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb know in Sentences
- I know this smell! (Present Simple)
- She knew him at once (Past Simple)
- We know each other for 15 years (Present Simple)
- I wish I knew better, but I invested into a Ponzi scheme (Past Simple)
- There are few things you have to know in life, son, and you don't seem to know any of them (Present Simple)
- I didn't know that I could easily marry that girl and stay with her for life (Past Simple)
- Yes, we adopted you. Now you know. (Present Simple)
- I have to know everything about you. Let's start with a name (Present Simple)
- I didn't know that woman (Past Simple)
- I didn't know baking cakes was an extreme sport (Past Simple)