English verb swim [swɪm].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb swim: Infinitive (swim), Past Simple - (swam), Past Participle - (swum).
Forms of verb swim in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb swim in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of swim.
Three forms of verb swim
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of swim?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) swim in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - swim. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - swam. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - swum. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of swim?
The past tense of swim is: swim in past simple is swam. and past participle is swum.
What is the past tense of swim?
The past tense of swim is swam.
The past participle of swim is swum.
Past simple — swim in past simple swam.
Future simple — swim in future simple swim. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — swim in present perfect tense swum. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — swim in past perfect tense swum. (had + V3)
swim regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is swim an irregular verb?? swim is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb swim in Sentences
- We swam against the tide (Past Simple)
- My uncle will teach how to swim this summer (Future Simple)
- She swims twice a day (Present Simple)
- She was strong, she swam for hours (Past Simple)
- I swam very well when I was a child (Past Simple)
- I think I can swim this lake (Present Simple)
- She was beatiful when she was swimming by me (Past Continuous)
- I will swim first and you'll swim right behind me (Future Simple)
- Keep quiet, or the fish will swim away (Future Simple)
- George will swim with you (Future Simple)