The English verb 'knuckle' is pronounced as [['nʌk(ə)l]].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb knuckle: Infinitive (knuckle), Past Simple - (knuckled), Past Participle - (knuckled).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb knuckle
👉 Forms of verb knuckle in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of knuckle.
Knuckle: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb knuckle?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'knuckle'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'knuckle'
- the first form (V1) is 'knuckle' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'knuckled' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'knuckled' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of knuckle?
The past tense and past participle of knuckle are: knuckle in past simple is knuckled, and past participle is knuckled.
What is the past tense of knuckle?
The past tense of the verb "knuckle" is "knuckled", and the past participle is "knuckled".
Past simple — knuckle in past simple knuckled
Future simple — knuckle in future simple is knuckle (will + V1).
Present Perfect — knuckle in present perfect tense is knuckled (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — knuckle in past perfect tense is knuckled (had + V3).
knuckle regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'knuckle' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'knuckle' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb knuckle in Sentences
- Eileen crouched down and knuckled sharply on the ground (Past Simple)
- The tall wizard knuckled irritably against the headboard (Past Simple)
- The captain glared at him and knuckled again in front of him. (Past Simple)
- Suddenly he knuckled the table. (Past Simple)
- In a rage, the girl knuckled the wall (Past Simple)
- Now I was ready to knuckle the wall (Present Simple)
- I knuckled a brick post in frustration (Past Simple)
- I knuckled the floor in anger (Past Simple)
- The girl knuckled with an effort. (Past Simple)
- My voice was suddenly hoarse, and I had to knuckle to bring myself to my senses. (Past Simple)